- College research to build your list of schools: I can look over the list you’re already considering or help you build a list from scratch. I can also suggest resources for your own research.
- Reach, Match, and Safety: I can help you understand these categories in terms of grades, honors and AP classes, test scores, extracurriculars, demonstrated interest, cost of attendance, etc.
- Understanding “fit”: I can help you figure out what’s important to you when choosing a college.
- Early Decision and Early Action: I can help you understand what these are and decide whether or not they make sense for you.
- Essay reading: I can proof for grammar and punctuation as well as offer suggestions on readability and structure. I can also give you feedback on how your essay portrays you as a person and suggestions for helping you make an impact with what you write. I will not write or rewrite any of your work; your voice and ideas will remain true to you.
- Extracurriculars: I will help you organize and describe your ECs.
- Review of applications and supplemental essays: I will offer an extra set of eyes to make sure everything is complete and error-free.
- Calendar and to-do’s: I will help you identify key deadlines and tasks based on your list of schools, early decision and early action deadlines, and so on.
- FAFSA and CSS Profile: I can help you understand the basics of these financial aid forms and their deadlines.
- For Rising Seniors: Summer college essay workshops
In addition to those more concrete services, I promise to…
- Help you manage your timeline, including reminders (friendly nagging!) when deadlines are approaching.
- Help you manage your stress! Sometimes it helps to have someone else on your side when things feel overwhelming.
- Offer text and email access for urgent questions.
- Offer personalized support throughout the process.
For younger students (9th – 10th) I can help you understand the UC and CSU a-g requirements, go over extracurriculars, choose classes, discuss summer options, review the timing of the PSAT, SAT, ACT and/or Subject Tests, and help you get and stay organized as you start thinking about college.
Please contact me for a brief (10-15 minute) complimentary meeting to see if we’re a good fit! A good rapport is essential, as is a level of trust, and that goes both ways. I want you to feel comfortable working with me, and I want to feel comfortable working with you as well. You’re looking for help and you’re reaching out to someone like me to get that help. If we have clear communication and realistic expectations, our working relationship will be a successful one!
I live in Ventura, CA and work with all students virtually (Zoom and shared Google docs and sheets make everything much easier!).