- College counseling at Oak Grove School (Ojai, CA) since 2008
- Participant in UCLA Extension College Counseling Certificate Program 2010-2011
- Member, NACAC (National Association for College Admission Counseling) and WACAC (Western Association for College Admission Counseling)
- BS in Applied Mathematics, UCLA
- M. Ed., UCLA
- California Clear Single-Subject Credential (Math) UCLA
- Math teacher in public and private schools for over 20 years, most recently at Oak Grove School for 12 years
- Parent to a pre-professional ballet dancer (class of ’18); counseled her through her college application process (Double Major: Ballet BFA and Psychology BS at the University of Utah, class of ’22)
A little more about me…
I have taught middle and high school math in Los Angeles, San Clemente, Ventura, and Ojai, and I’ve taught everything from pre-Algebra through honors and AP Calculus. I was first given the opportunity to step into a college counseling role at Oak Grove School, and I jumped at it. I love assisting my students throughout their four years at Oak Grove, and I find the entire college discernment and application process challenging in the best of ways. I truly enjoy it!
Outside of work, I help local animal shelters and cat rescues. Over the years I’ve fostered upwards of 50 cats and kittens, socializing them and helping to get them adopted. In January 2020 I started a 501(c)3 nonprofit called Cassie’s Cats to help further my work with homeless cats and kittens. For many years I volunteered with Footworks Youth Ballet as the production manager for their shows twice a year. In my remaining free time, I like to read, knit, crochet, tinker with new recipes, and spend time with my husband Drew, our daughter Grace, and our pets.